Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Introductions

Hello!

A little bit about me...

 My name is Amy McLean, I am from West Jordan, UT (for those of you non-utahites, that's about a half an hour south-west of downtown SLC, and about 10 minutes away from the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.) I am currently a Sophmore, but, no I don't have my major picked out for sure yet. I've thought about a lot of options, but all of them are still up in the air.

I really enjoy...
 the performing arts, musical theater especially. I like both being in musicals and watching them, I've even written a script or two (though nothing refined enough to be produced.)

I waste my time...
reading fantasy books. I'm always up for recomendations...after I get my homework done!

My Expectations and Goals for WRIG 150...
I would like to be able to read and write more effectively. I don't really need to persuade people that often, but I would like to be able to look for these rhetorical devices in what I read to help me make informed decisions. I do have a lot of papers for other classes, and I hope that this will teach me how to write more concisely, clearly, and confidently.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a fellow Salt Lake County girl! 20 minutes south east from downtown in Cottonwood Heights. I definitely agree with you on the goals for this class. I am really hoping to be able to take what I learn with writing and apply it to my other classes papers and assignments throughout college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool you like to read! I would say one of my favorite fantasy series is the Ranger's Apprentice! So entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Ranger's Apprentice! Very original books.

      Delete
  3. Glad to know my other fellow Utahans are near by!

    ReplyDelete